Climate Innovators Map - we are hiring operators
EIT Climate-KIC is a Knowledge and Innovation Community (KIC) working to accelerate the transition to a zero-carbon economy. Supported by the European Institute of Innovation and Technology, EIT Climate-KIC identifies and supports innovation that helps society mitigate and adapt to climate change. Our partners believe that a decarbonised, sustainable economy is not only necessary to prevent catastrophic climate change, but presents a wealth of opportunities for business and society. The data collected in this study will only be used by EIT Climate-KIC, Ashoka and their partners, in the purpose of creating the map and possible further engagement with the nominators / nominees on this topic.
We are looking at changemakers in the fields of:
- Energy efficiency in buildings,
- Climate smart agriculture,
- Transition in post-coal regions
- Air quality / air pollution
As a result of this project, we will create A CLIMATE INNOVATORS MAP. Ashoka’s Network Mapping is a process that uses the snowball mapping analysis to identify key innovators, influencers and decision makers in a given sector and to visualize patterns and trends, and the potential for subsequent network connections. The most important output is not only the visual, but rather the relationships with those willing to co-create, nominations for future opportunities, and insights about the field that will guide upcoming activities.
We estimate to announce this map at the beginning of 2020. The reason we are doing this enquiry is because such changemakers, that are generating positive change, are quite few, and even fewer in climate innovation. The purpose of the project is to create a network that will act on maximizing the potential of all members.
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR OPERATORS ASHOKA AND CEE KIC
CLIMATE CLIMATE INNOVATORS MAPPING
Project: survey in Poland, Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia for identifying Social Innovators in the Climate Field.
- Native Speakers of either: Polish, Estonian, Lithuanian, Latvian;
- Knowledge of English is an advantage;
- Mandatory availability: 3-4 hours for training and 4-6 hours / day for data collection between 14-31 October;
- Tasks: making calls and completing an online survey based on the answers given by the respondents, obtaining new contacts to be contacted for building the database of social innovators;
- Mandatory Skills: usage of internet platforms, patience, persuasion, speech flexibility;
- We are looking for people with a personal interest in changemaking and enthusiasm about the topic;
- Necessary resource: laptop, internet access and an available phone for making calls to the above countries;
- This is a paid job – we pay 20EUR for every interview completed (meaning having its quality mirroring in the database).
COUNTRY DIRECTOR POLAND
Ashoka Innovators for the Public